Friday, May 30, 2008

The Bike Doctor

I had to take my son to the orthopedic doctor today, while I was out I stopped at the Bike Doctor. I have been looking through the local stores for a set of hand grips for my bike. Unable to find a pair that I liked, I waited to search the shelves at the local bike shop. Within seconds the speedy counter help pointed me in the direction of the shelf I needed to search. I found what I was looking for! Finally, after days (one trip) of searching I found the grips I wanted. But I could not stop there. I asked my new counter friend about gloves and he hooked me up with a pair of Body Geometry gloves that were on sale. Normally $22, I got them for $15. My new counter friend advised me that these gloves would prevent my hands from going numb while ridding. A special palm pad designed by a doctor is strategically placed toward the bottom of the palm. This is supposed to ensure maximum hand comfort for all epic types of journeys.

I will test them in the morning!

2 comments:

  1. I thought they took that shop out to make way for the new and improved Duke gas station? Ok where is it as I need a seat and some parts for the police bike my leg can't take the small bike I will end up giving it to My oldest. I need some other things too you may be able to help me locate... a shifter not the cable but the shifter itself the push with your thumb kind... have you seen any in your travels? let me know thanks Birdie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gloves are a good idea. Also, despite how much you might not like it, I would consider getting some sort of padded shorts. These are usually the spandex shorts but they can be loose fit shorts. I have a pair of spandex that has gel pads in the rear where your butt contacts the seat. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete