Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Amazon Rocks, UPS Sucks

I found a really good deal on a TV at Amazon.com right before Thanksgiving.  List price $1,019.99, my price $497.  I ordered it on November 25, shipped UPS, scheduled arrival, December 2.  I'm a UPS Tracking junkie so, November 27 package leaves Amazon in Carlisle, PA and gets to the UPS center in Laurel, MD on the same day.  The next stop is usually my house on the next day.

December 2 comes, no TV.  December 3, no TV, call UPS, "Oh, you can't inquire about this shipment because it's still in our system, you need to call Amazon since they are the shipper."

Amazon says wait until December 7 and then they'll either send me a new one or refund it.  The 7th comes along, Amazon refunds it because they have no more in stock.  I'm upset because I lost a good deal.

December 15, Amazon sends me an email with all these TVs they have in stock.  Hey!  There's the TV I ordered that wasn't in stock!  This time it's on sale for $597.

I called Amazon and they said no problem, we'll give it to you for $497.  Can you throw on free two-day shipping?  Sure!

Second TV ships from Carlisle on December 16, in Harrisburg on the 17th, and out for delivery in Cumberland that day.  Wow!  I'll get it a day early!

Package shows as "Delivered," but wait, there's no TV on the porch and it says delivered to Frostburg, MD, fifteen miles from me?  Called UPS, yes it was delivered but to the wrong house.  No problem, they'll send the driver to get it and bring it to my house.

Three hours later, still no TV so I call UPS again.  Of course the person I talk to knows nothing of my problem and I have to explain it three times until he gets it.  This phone call took an hour.  Finally the guy calls the house where it was misdelivered, guy there says yes, a package came, wrong address, but it's not on the porch anymore, someone must have picked it up.  The local UPS center says no, we have no record of a driver returning to pick it up.

UPS is conducting an "investigation."  Hopefully I find out something tomorrow.  This is driving me crazy.  I'll never have UPS ship something of value again.


No comments:

Post a Comment