Sunday, February 5, 2023

Here We Go Again!

The other day I came back to the blog and read a few of my old posts. Based on those posts, it seems like I come back here every three years or so and decide to start the blog back up, make a few comments about how I never post and I should post more often, then promptly stop posting. Not this time though! (And I say that a lot too.)

I like writing here because it feels both productive and therapeutic. Sometimes I get stuck on the couch, scrolling through Facebook or playing Animal Crossing on the Switch. There's no way that can be productive.

So how about an update? Well, the last several years here have had posts about my boat and my political opinions.

Regarding the boat, the Pearson 28-2 "Ramble On" that I last posted about has been sold. We kept if for a few years and then sold it to upgrade to a larger boat. The new boat is an Island Packet 32 called "Island Thistle."

In fact, I have a whole YouTube channel  that I started right when I bought that boat. I've finished two "seasons" on the channel and I'm now on a winter hiatus. So even though this blog has dropped off, a vlog has mostly taken its place.

That channel has been doing fairly well. I'm almost up to 200 subscribers and 58,000 lifetime views. Maybe that's not great compared to a lot of channels, but it is growing.

Regarding political rants, I also created a YouTube channel with those! That one is not nearly as popular with only two subscribers. I started trying to put up a lot of content on that channel, but that got frustrating so I stopped. I'm debating whether or not to start that one back up.

So even though I have more than 400 hours on Animal Crossing over the last couple of years, I have still been somewhat productive!

No comments:

Post a Comment