Sunday, January 15, 2017

Lists, lists, lists...

I was planning on visiting the new boat today to take care of some things, but alas the weather was uncooperative this weekend.

I'll try again next week, but in the meantime, here is a list of things I need to get done on the boat before it is launched in the Spring.



  • Sort out a place to mount the new Garmin Plotter/Fishfinder I bought.  Also need to figure out how I'm going to mount the transducer.
  • Replace rubber foot on the swim ladder.  It is missing one so I bought a pack of replacements the other day.
  • Torque the keel bolts.  Still thinking about this one.  Some people say it's better to do this when the boat is in the water, others say out of the water.  Either way, removing and inspecting the bolts followed by torquing sounds like a good idea.
  • Measure lockers and storage spaces for future purchase of boxes/baskets to store things.
  • Look at light fixtures and consider upgrading to LED lights.
  • Measure sink to make a cutting board that sits on the sink.  Also bring the cutting board on the alcohol stove home to refinish.
  • Measure shroud distances for possible pin rail.  I'm considering making one or two belaying pin rails because I like the look of them and I could easily turn that on the lathe.
  • Inventory all of the maintenance items on the boat (spare parts, oils, greases, etc.) to see what I need to buy.
It looks like the weather next weekend will be much improved.  Expect to see another blog post soon afterward!

No comments:

Post a Comment